The Virtuous Sisters’ Fellowship (VSF) UK is set up to cater for the needs of the sisters in LFF UK arms, providing spiritual and other forms of benefits and support to all members. The fellowship exists to:
- coordinate all sisters’ activities within the locality of the fellowship, whether branch or zone/district.
- promote love, unity, and godly virtues amongst the sisters.
- promote sisters’ welfare e.g. providing support during child births, naming ceremonies, weddings, bereavement, etc
- create networking opportunities and promote godly and worthwhile interactions.
- provide mentoring and coaching – advisory services, experience transfer, etc
- provide a Christian platform for mutual assistance, support, caring and sharing.
- promote sisters’ empowerment, ensuring sisters are growing spiritually, personally and professionally through: a. prayer meetings b. bible study meetings c. skills acquisition events d. attendance of spiritual, personal, and professional development and empowerment Seminars, Talks, and Conferences e. etc.
- raise intercessors for the church.
- contribute financially, materially, and otherwise, to church growth and development.
- mobilize support for church programmes.
- in line with the objects of the fellowship, perform any other role that will benefit the sisters, the fellowship, the church, and the community.
- perform any other role assigned by the President of the Fellowship or by the Branch or Zonal/District/foreign missions Pastor.
Attaining Higher Ground in our Walk with God
Climbing requires efforts; requires movement or push upward; climbing is easier and more successful and sustainable when a stronger person/higher force helps one. Climbing onto higher ground in any aspect of physical and spiritual life is not for lazy and laid back people or for people who procrastinate and delay the day of action. Climbing is for people who are conscious of their present level and are genuinely desirous to move forward/upward and are also taking actual steps to move forward, onward and upward. Higher ground is always ahead. You may retrace your steps to get on the right route but the journey and destination of higher ground is forward/onward/upward. You can only arrive there safely and successfully by taking deliberate and targeted steps and by the help of God.
Every sincere, committed and knowledgeable (i.e. knowledge of the word) Christian know and accepts that:
• There is need to deliberately cultivate holiness if one will see God. Be ye holy even as the Lord your God is holy
1Pet 1:13-19; mk 1:24; Lev 20:7; Lev 11:44; Matt 7:11; 2Cor 7:1
• There is need to genuinely take personal steps and make personal efforts and sacrifices to live right and in obedience to God’s word
• There is need to genuinely ask and depend on the Holy Spirit for help for daily transformation and growth towards God.
• The Christian journey is upward – Phil 12:14; Heb 12:12-15
• The call is a high call; a call to be different; a call to superior living – 2Cor 5:17; 2Cor 6:14
If you are not constantly desiring and crying for help/ever increasing anointing from the Holy Ghost to attain higher ground in your walk with God, then something needs to change. Someone has become careless, nonchalant and has shifted focus (or maybe never had focus on God!) onto temporal things!
The pursuit of closer and closer relations with God is required for continuous attainment of a deeper walk with and knowledge of God. They that wait (in prayer, study, fasting, holy living, etc) upon the Lord…Isa 40:29-31. The alternative is to attain a height, plato at that point and then with time begin to drop/decline/decrease. No matter how holy one is, without constant yearning for growth spiritually there is the risk of becoming like Demas who was deserter. Apostle Paul’s constant cry was that he may know Christ and the power that raised Him from the dead. It is about ever-growing spirituality and Christlikeness. This is the cry of one who is heaven-conscious and heaven-driven. Such a Christian will never be content to live as he/she did yesterday. Every day is an opportunity to know God more and serve Him better.